Give and Take by Adam Grant
The Book Summary in Four Sentences
Today, success is largely dependent on how we interact with others. In this book, the author shares why some people rise to the top of success while others stay at the bottom. Give and Take is an insightful and entertaining read that shatters the myth of climbing the ladder of success and provides a refreshing new perspective on the art and science of success. Adam shares the to go resources on how to accomplish your goals.
Below are my notes from reading the book and key take aways that I've started to implement into my own life.
- For generations, we have focused on the individual drivers of success: passion, hard work, talent and pure luck
- To gain a deeper understanding of others, it's worth looking more closely at the decisions they make about when and how much to give
- For someone who gives off positive vibes and inspires goodwill, reconnecting is an energizing experience
- Takers have distinctive signature: they like to get more than they give
- Takers feel that to succeed, they need to be better than others
- Givers think about others first and puts their needs first
- Givers are compassionate about what others are going through