The One Thing by Gary Keller
The Book Summary in Four Sentences
When you focus your energy on one thing at a time, you'll live a more rewarding, enriching and purpose-driven life. If you're looking for fewer distractions and less on your plate, this book will give you a step-by-step process. In the ONE Thing, you'll learn how to declutter your life, achieve better results in less time, and recharge your energy, and master what is really most important to you. If you're looking to maximize your results, read this book!
Below are my notes from reading the book and key take aways that I've started to implement into my own life.
- The only actions that become springboards to succeeding big are those informed by big thinking to begin with
- What you build today will either empower or restrict you tomorrow
- Start with the big stuff and see where it takes you
- Setting a doable goal is almost like creating a task to check off your list
- The people and businesses who get there first often enjoy the lion's share of the rewards with few, if any, competitors
- Benchmark and trend to find the extraordinary answer you need for extraordinary results
- The most successful people are the most productive people
- It's a way of making sure that what has to be done gets done
- Time blocking harnesses your energy and centers it on your most important work
- When you see mastery as a path you go down instead of a destination you arrive at, it starts to feel accessible and attainable
- Your environment must support your goals