Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus By John Gray
Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus
The Book Summary In Four Sentences
If you find yourself feeling disconnected from your significance other, I would highly recommend reading this book. I still use this book till today, especially when it seems like John is stuck in his cave. Dr. John Gray provides and practical and proven way for men and women to improve their communication. Establish a solid foundation in your relationship by reading this book and taking action with the wisdom that John Gray shares.
Below are my notes from reading the book and key take aways that I've started to implement into my own life.
- Just as a man is fulfilled through working out the intricate details of solving a problem, a woman is fulfilled through talking about the details of her problems
- A woman needs to recognize her boundaries of what she can give without resenting her partner
- As a man experiences limites, he is motivated to give more
- It puts too much pressure on a man to make him the only source of love and support
- Money does not fulfill emotional needs. Men tend to think that money is the solution. As a woman's financial needs are fulfilled, she becomes more aware of her emotional needs.
- A woman needs permission to be upset and allow her wave to crash
- If a woman is not supported in being unhappy sometimes then she can never be truly happy. To be genuinely happy requires dipping down into the well to release, heal, and purify the emotions. This is certainly a natural and healthy process
- Most couples start out arguing about one thing and, within give minutes, are arguing about the way they are arguing. The more intimate we are with someone, the more difficult it is objectively to hear their point of view without reacting to their negative feelings
- Intimidation always weakens trust in a relationship. To muscle your way into getting what you want by making other look wrong is a sure way to fail in any relationship
- Books can inspire you to love yourself more, but by listening to, writing out, or verbally expressing your feelings you are actually loving yourself more